Which version of Windows do I have?
In this article, we till outlone the ways you can see which version of Windows your PC is running, which will help ensure you purchase the correct software which is compatible for your computer.
Each version of windows does have a slightly different route to this information. We will display all routes for each version of the operating system. This will mean you may need to try multiple methods before been shown this vital information.
The most common way to find this information is by following these steps.
- press the Windows logo key + R
- type winver in the Open box
- select OK.
- This will show you which version of windows you are running
This is only applicable for Windows 8 and Windows 10
Other ways to see which operating system you are using
Windows 10 also has another route to see if you are using this version of windows
- Select the Start button
- Choose Settings
- Choose System
- Choose About
Within the Windows specifications section, you will see which version of Windows your device is running
The Windows version number for Windows 10 is 10.0.
Windows 8 also has another route to see if you are using this version of windows.
- Using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up to open the side menu.
- Click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.
- Select PC and devices > PC info.
- Under Windows you’ll see which edition and version of Windows your device is running.
Windows 8.1 is the name given to Windows version 6.3, and Windows 8 is Windows version 6.2.
Windows 7 also has another route to see if you are using this version of windows.
- Click on the the Start icon (bottom left of screen)
- Type Computer in the search box
- Right-click on the Computer within the results (under programs)
- select Properties.
- Under Windows edition, you’ll see the version and edition of Windows that your device is running
Please note, Windows 7 is the name given to Windows version 6.1.
For more information you can follow this link from Microsoft